First Grade Care offer a range of care services, helping elderly people to maintain their independence and carry on living in their own homes.
Recruiting carers can be a challenge. They approached me to write a job advert that would stand out from all the others on the usual job sites, as well as communicate what makes First Grade a great place to work.
What I wrote
Underpaid? Underappreciated? Underwhelmed? If you’re fed up but fired up,
we want to hear from you.
Care workers are needed throughout the local area, helping older people maintain their
independence and carry on living at home. Experienced? Great, let’s talk about how the
grass is actually greener here at 1st Grade Care. Not so much? No problem. Let’s get you
started in your brand new career.
Good listener? There for your friends when they need you? Perhaps you’re stuck in a
soulless job without any sense of fulfilment? Or maybe you’ve seen care work firsthand and feel inspired to make a difference. If you’re patient, kind and compassionate, with access to your own transport, this could be the right role for you.
The working day
It’s tough. Light on glamour. But big on job satisfaction.
• Dressing clients and preparing them for the day
• Being a friend
• Shopping and supplies management
• Bringing a dose of good cheer
• Washing and personal hygiene
• Putting a smile back on somebody’s face
• Bed making and laundry
• Having a much needed natter
• General household duties
So what’s it like here?
Day one. Meet Marie. She’ll be taking you through your induction, equipping you with the skills, qualifications and confidence you need to get going.
Then meet Doug. He’s your team leader, and mentor, helping you to progress your career. Maybe you’re cut out for management too.
You’re bound to meet Mike. He set up 1st Grade Care. A former care worker, he’s been there and done it, which is why he insists on fair rates of pay, consistent rotas and the support you need to succeed.
We’re a small, settled, well-run agency. When people join, they stay.
• Living wage – right from the word go
• Get paid even while you’re travelling
• Flexible working hours – daytimes, evenings, weekends
• Recognition when you go above and beyond
• Clear pathway to management
• Company pension scheme
• Full training. With pay!
• 28 days holiday
• The satisfaction of finishing your shift knowing you’ve made a difference
• Heck we’ll even throw in a free uniform. Sound good?
What you do think? Ready to make a change and start making a difference? Good for you.
Give us a ring to find out more – 02920 221558
Or just pop your CV over by email –
And you can apply online too – http://1stgradecare.co.uk/work-for-us